EktibaFlex® High Concentration Boswellic Acid
Highest AKBA Available
EktibaFlex® is a highly enriched, extremely bioavailable, and clinically studied extract of the gum resin of the Boswellia serrata tree. It is the first Boswellia extract standardized to contain 90% AKBA (Acetyl-11-keto-beta-bosewella acid), the constituent most responsible for Boswellia’s ability to modulate inflammation.* EktibaFlex® is 8x more bioavailable than Boswellia extracts containing 30% AKBA.
- Enriched: Contains 90% pure AKBA, the most important active constituent of Boswellia.
- Highly bioavailable: Clinically shown to be 8x more bioavailable than conventional Boswellia extracts.
- Clinically studied: Demonstrated to be clinically effective for post-exercise muscle soreness (in combination with Curcumin).
- Complete traceability: Traceable from farm to finished ingredient.
- Vertically integrated: Integrated from cultivation to manufacturing.
- Sustainable supply: Produced by the largest processor of Boswellia in India, guaranteeing a sustainable supply of raw material.
- Accredited: Manufactured according to ISO, cGMP, HAACP, and PMDA requirements.
- Certified: Certified Kosher, Parve, and Halal.
How much AKBA Does Your Boswellia Contain?
Boswellia has many constituents, but there is one that stands out in its power to help modulate inflammation: AKBA.* When Boswellia was originally introduced to the marketplace, it was standardized to contain 65% Boswellic acids, with only 3-5 % AKBA. Due to improvements in processing, most extracts today contain concentrations of 20-30 % AKBA. This is a substantial enhancement, but it’s possible to do better — much better.
Unibar EktibaFlex® Boswellia Extract
Unibar has broken new ground by developing EktibaFlex®, the first Boswellia extract that is 90% AKBA, giving it the highest concentration of AKBA on the market by a factor of 3. It’s also 8x more bioavailable than conventional Boswellia extracts. Original human clinical research performed at the University of North Texas on EktibaFlex® demonstrates that, in combination with Curcumin, it is effective for reducing muscle soreness after exercise.*
How EktibaFlex® is Made
- Boswellia gum is collected from sustainable wild-crafted sources by federally approved agencies.
- The boswellia gum is brought directly to a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- Quality is confirmed at our in-process lab using an array of cutting edge analytical equipment.
- After the Boswellia gum has passed each and every quality control test, it is extracted in a closed-loop manufacturing process to concentrate the AKBA.
- The end result of this carefully controlled proprietary process is a highly enriched AKBA Boswellia serrata extract.
Boswellia Health Benefits
Boswellia serrata has been used for centuries in various cultures to help modulate the body’s inflammation response.* Its most active constituent, AKBA, works by inhibiting the 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) enzyme.* This enzyme and its byproducts are implicated in an exaggerated inflammatory response.*
Several placebo-controlled human clinical trials have shown that Boswellia:
- Promotes a healthy inflammation response*
- Reduces post-exercise muscle soreness (in combination with curcumin)*
- Helps protect muscles from overexertion (in combination with curcumin)*
- Increases joint comfort*
- Supports joint function*
- May help preserve cartilage*