All Unibar proprietary, branded ingredients are subjected to extensive analytical testing, much of which is performed at the CU Varkey Centre for Research and Quality Assurance — a highly equipped technology center — to ensure identity, composition, limits on contaminants, and lack of adulteration.
- UV spectrophotometry (to confirm identity of source material)
- HPLC (to confirm composition and activity)
- Microbiological assays (to ensure limits on microbiological contaminants)
- ICP-MS (to ensure limits on heavy metals)
- Gas chromatography (to ensure limits on pesticide and solvent residues)
- Affinity chromatography (to ensure limits on aflatoxins)
- HPLC (to detect economic or pharmaceutical adulteration)