CapsiClear™ First-ever Highly enriched Capsanthin
For the first time, a 7-week dry eye PK study with CapsiClear was conducted to evaluate its effectiveness on dry eye symptoms without any adverse events. The results, published in the Journal of Food Biochemistry, indicated that CapsiClear may:
- Significantly increase tear production and regeneration
- Decrease corneal inflammation
- Decrease intraocular pressure (IOP)
A 12-week, randomized, placebo-controlled pilot clinical study, performed by Dr. Brian K. McFarlin at the Applied Physiology Laboratory at the University of North Texas, yielded intriguing results. While the sample size was too small to establish statistical significance (21 participants), the results indicate that CapsiClear™, at a dosage of 40 mg per day, may:
- Increase macular pigment density (MPD), which is linked to better visual performance*
- Reduce recovery time after exposure to bright light*
- Improve reading under different light conditions (both white and blue light)*
A 28-day in vivo study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of CapsiClear™ on Intraocular pressure induced by carbomer. The study found that repeated administration of CapsiClear™, at dose levels of 20, 40 and 80 mg/kg:
- Helped maintain optimum intraocular eye pressure*
- Showed an effect starting on day 8 onwards up to 28 days
- Did not result in not result in clinical sign of toxicity, mortality, changes in body weight or feed consumption. There were no treatment-related changes in hematology or clinical chemistry parameters.
EktibaFlex® Highly Enriched Boswellic Acid (AKBA)
The effects of EktibaFlex®, in combination with Curcumin, were studied in healthy, physically active participants through a randomized, blinded, seven-day human trial. The results were dramatic, showing:
- 55% reduction in subjective soreness at day 3 and day 4*
- 50% improvement in pain tolerance at day 3 and day 4*
- 25% improvement in muscle strength recovery (knee force) at day 3 and day 4*
- Reductions in creatine kinase and myostatin (both markers of muscle damage) and IL-6 (a marker of inflammation)*
CurQnetic™ Bioavailable Curcumin
CurQnetic™ has been the subject of several in vitro and in vivo efficacy studies, which indicate it has powerful biological activity.
- In colorectal cell lines and in a mouse model, CurQnetic™ maintained normal cell proliferation.* The mouse model showed CurQnetic™ had greater efficacy than standard Curcumin.
- In peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and in a rat model, CurQnetic™ supported a healthy response to inflammation.* CurQnetic™ demonstrated an inhibitory effect on the secretion of undesirable cytokines, including TNF-a, IL-6 and 1β in PBMC.* The mouse model showed CurQnetic™ was more efficacious than standard Curcumin, eliciting a significant effect in less than 3 hours.