Go-to Carotenoid for Eye Health
What is Lutein?
Naturally occurring in marigolds, Lutein is a yellow pigment that belongs to the family of phytochemicals known as carotenoids. Lutein selectively accumulates in the macula of the eye, where it blocks the absorption of blue wavelengths of light — protecting delicate eye tissue against sunlight damage.*
Recently, Lutein has become somewhat of a commonly requested product available from countless raw material suppliers. However, not all Lutein is alike. The stability of Lutein is always in question because Lutein rapidly absorbs oxygen and degrades. Because it is fat-soluble, Lutein is also difficult to absorb. When unprotected, it can react with minerals in formulations, creating black specks on tablets.
UniGOLD™ is a patented, GRAS affirmed, standardized trans Lutein extract manufactured from pure sustainably-sourced marigold flowers. Available in 5%, 10%, 20%, and 25% vegetarian beadlet form and vegetable oil suspension form that contains a 5:1 ratio of Lutein to Zeaxanthin, UniGOLD™ is encapsulated using our unique matrix beadlet technology. This innovative technology ensures intestinal delivery for maximum absorption and limits our Lutein from exposure to oxygen. If you want enhanced stability, bioavailability, and compatibility with other ingredients, choose UniGOLD™.
UniGOLD™ Formulation Benefits
- Free Lutein: Ready to be absorbed and stable for 24 months as verified by third-party laboratory testing.
- Environmentally friendly: Sustainably sourced with minimal impact on the environment and fully traceable from farm to the finished ingredient.
- Patented: Protected by a U.S. process patent (#8,008,532).
- Plant-based: Derived from marigold flowers, one of the most enriched natural sources of Lutein.
- Self-affirmed GRAS: Safe to use in foods and beverages, as well as dietary supplements.
- Accredited: Manufactured according to ISO, cGMP, HAACP, and PMDA requirements.
- Certified: Certified Kosher, Parve, and Halal.
UniGOLD™ Health Benefits
- Supports the health of the eyes and promotes visual function*
- Protects the macula of the eye — which is responsible for central (as opposed to peripheral) vision*
- Filters out harmful blue light, shielding the lens of the eye from light damage*
- Reduces the effects of glare on visual performance*
- May protect skin against premature aging by boosting antioxidant capacity of skin*